Saturday, October 11, 2008

We Are A Mess.

I won't go into all the gory details, but after lots of yucky diapers, 102.2 fever, Motrin every 6-8 hours and an incredibly miserable baby boy, it has been determined that my little dude has an infection in his colon. What antibiotics do they give him for that you ask? Good question. The answer is none. Let it run its course and add Motrin for the fever and lots of fluids. I have never seen Luke this miserable, it has been heartbreaking, not to mention the fact that his little bottom is so red, he can barely sit down. I won't be surprised if he starts walking sooner now because he has gotten so good at standing by himself these past few days. He refuses to sit down! He has been better today. He's at least had moments where he isn't fussing or crying and that's a big improvement! Daddy being home has helped too!

Carly got into town right when Luke started acting sick and has been staying with me until Friday night. While I wish Luke would have been his normal happy self, I was so glad he got sick while she was here. She was such a huge help. Especially Friday afternoon. Sam and Gabe were playing outside, I woke Luke up at 5 from his nap and he was a mess, had to give him a bath, give him medicine, he screamed for about 15 minutes straight. I finally got him settled down with a bottle when there was a knock on my front door. Carly went to get it and found a neighbor with Gabe, he wasn't crying hard, but something was definitely wrong, I heard "fell off his bike" and saw the look on Carly's face when she moved his hair and looked at his forehead. He had a huge "goose-egg", about the size of a walnut, sticking out of his forehead. Now, on a normal day, this probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was on sick baby overload and was certain that we were on our way to the ER with Gabe. So, we sat in the living room, trading off feeding sick little Luke and icing Gabe's forehead and trying not to freak out too much about how big the bump was. Gabe perked up after a little bit, Carly made dinner and Neal got home and determined that Gabe did not have a concussion. I was so glad Carly was here to keep me sane and be a second mommy to my boys. They love her. I love her.

Gabe and I had a little photo shoot later that night. The hugeness had gone down significantly, but here are a few pictures. He's a mess!



Obviously, he is fine.

Carly's coming back Monday, so hopefully we will be in better form for the second part of her trip!

Sam was feeling a little left out, being the only healthy Watson Boy, so he threw a little drama into the mix this afternoon when he came running inside in hysterics because a scab on his leg had gotten torn off on his bike. He was bleeding, so we made a little fuss over him and got him fixed up with a Spiderman band aid.

Neal announced tonight that no one is allowed to leave the house tomorrow!

5 comments:

laura said...

Poor babies! My, that is a huge bump, and I can't imagine how sore baby Luke's tooshy must be! Wow, what a weekend for you. Just ignore my text from yesterday and we will talk when your visit with Carly is over...I am so glad she was there to help you. Isn't God's provision amazing?!?!

Love you! We will be praying for our infirmed nephews, and for you as you take care of them!

Loy said...

We heard about all of your chaos over there. I pray that Susan will be able to make the trip to your house soon.

Yeah for Carly being there when you needed her most!!! Give the boys extra hugs from our bunch. and for mommy too.

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I would have freaked out about all of it.

Jaime said...

I'm so sorry you guys had such a crazy time! It seems like when it rains, it poors sometimes.

Miss ya!

Jaime

Unknown said...

Sweet Gabe - I'm so sorry he fell! But what an athletic little guy. I'm proud of him for riding his bike, and playing soccer, and hanging in there. We need to be there to kiss that lump.