Thursday, October 2, 2008

What's missing in this picture?



His first baby tooth.

Gone.

He is officially a big boy.

I picked him up from the bus stop this afternoon and immediately thought he looked different. I asked to see how his tooth was doing - we've been waiting for it to fall out - and it wasn't there. I asked him where it was - he shrugged and said it must have fallen out at school.

It happened at school.

Guess who isn't at school with him?

ME. I wasn't with him when he lost his first tooth.

I totally cried. In the middle of our street.

I realized that I never told him that he needed to save it if it came out.

I never thought I wouldn't be there to save it for him.

So, instead of an envelope with a little baby tooth in it tucked under his pillow tonight, he drew a picture of a tooth and wrote "the tooth fairy, i lost my tooth! SAM". He is learning sight words at school and has to write "the" on everything. How cute is that?

I'll be tucking that away in his journal for safekeeping.

My sweet little Sammy C. He is so precious. And so big.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christy Nockels said...

Ohh.... I'm celebrating with you tonight from Mexico City, Mexico! I could not believe my eyes...that means Ellie won't be far off from losing hers! Oh my goodness...where has the time gone? I felt the same about Noah when he lost his - his got jerked out from a 'hankie' in his mouth - remember? Two at once - I cried too...I was not ready for that at all!

He looks so cute and I know he's SO proud!

We are here for the first Passion World Tour date. There are 28 million people living in this city - can you even fathom that? It's mile after mile of busy city...really beautiful in some places and really sad in others, just like most cities of the world. : ) Tonight we ate authentic mexican food with a group of about 80 Passion volunteers & leaders. We had live authentic mexican music and I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't at Pappasitos - this was the REAL DEAL... ha...

Anyway - I felt far from you and wanted to check in and see what your day was like today. I miss my kids - my mom is at our house.. My cell phone doesn't work so just feeling a little out of touch right now... but wanted to say "hi" and that I was thinking of you guys! Tell Sam how proud I am of his missing tooth, hope the tooth fairy does him right! : )

love you-
C

Loy said...

Oh my!! I bet you cried. I just can't believe he is old enough to have lost a tooth. I bet he is excited to see what "the" tooth fairy leaves him. Love you guys!!

Loy said...

I had to comment again. I went back to your blog and looked at his pictures. He is such a HANDSOME little man!!

Tiffany said...

I just got a little teary-eyed for you...