Sunday, November 23, 2008

My trip to Atlanta

My friend Christy moved to Atlanta this summer, she's been back a few times to visit, but we've been trying to find time for me to go see her and her new house. Last weekend, my sweet husband came home from work early on Friday so I could drive the 4 hour drive before dark. The drive from Nashville to Atlanta was gorgeous, I had a few new cd's to listen to, so I thoroughly enjoyed quality time with myself in the car. I got to Christy's around 7 and was treated to a yummy home cooked meal of Vegetable Stew, Roast and Salad. We spent the rest of the night catching up by the fire.
The next morning, we hit the town and didn't get home until 10:30 that night! We did some shopping - of course - and spent a few hours at H&M. I would consider Atlanta the "New York" of the South. They have every great store you can imagine. Nashville is sorely lacking in the great store department. We topped off our evening at Pappasitos. Three weeks prior to my trip, Christy and I both went on a diet and swore that we wouldn't cheat too badly until we went to Pappasitos. Tortillas, Dr. Pepper and Queso have never tasted so good! We were so happy with our meal that we didn't even want dessert.
We had a lazy Sunday morning and I headed out around noon. It was so nice to get out of Nashville and spend the weekend with one of my best friends. I'm so glad to be able to picture Christy in her house now and to have seen her new world in Atlanta. I'm still sad she's not in my Nashville world anymore, but it's exciting to see what the Lord is unfolding in their lives in Atlanta. And, I'm glad to have a place to go that's a little closer than the 15 hour drive to Houston!
Christy and I

and, us at Pappasitos...so good!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: