Saturday, May 16, 2009

We have babies!

Our little "fern babies" have hatched! I checked on them Thursday and this is what I saw...
...a nest full of baby bird fluff. There were 5 eggs, the babies are all snuggled up so close together, I can't tell how many there are right now. I've been checking on them every day and plan to get more pictures as they get older. Dear Lord, please don't let any of them fall out of the nest and die.

And, just for fun, a picture of a much cuter, less fluffy baby. The one who has figured out how to sit on a kitchen chair...then climb up and sit on the kitchen table, because isn't that what kitchen tables are for?

I think he is Neal's twin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! What a great picture of Luke! Keep us up-to-date on the little birdies.

Nicole said...

You would think that after 16 months, I would be used to it...but it still amazes me that I can look at this picture and see Gabe...then blink and see Sam!