Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring on my front porch

I went outside this evening to water my hanging ferns. When I walked out the front door, I noticed a bird flying out of one of them, so I wasn't surprised when I found this sweet little nest.

I was very careful to not touch it, but still had to water my beautiful fern. I've always wanted a front porch with ferns, now that I have them, I'm a little possessive about them. I'm really hoping the momma bird will come back and that we can have healthy baby birds and a healthy fern. I just want everyone to be happy.

Anyone had any experience with nests in your ferns?

Now, I'm going to go google "birds nest in my ferns".

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I just posted about a bird's nest in my hanging basket - although there weren't any eggs in it. I guess it's that time of year.

Unknown said...

Birds nest in my ferns - that could be a song title! (Have you ever heard "Smoke gets in my eyes"?)

Bethany said...

Yes we had some once! It was amazing how fast it all happened- it seemed like by the time I needed to water again, they were all hatched and gone!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

we had a morning dove nest in our potted lily plant on our apartment patio. and i'm deathly afraid of birds. needless to say, the lily died because i wouldn't go out on the patio.

sorry for the delete, i totally was missing a few words.