Monday, August 3, 2009

The Big Camping Trip

Tonight, Sam prayed "...and please let us go camping again soon". Gabe prayed "....and please let us go camping with one of those campers with a TV and video games in it".

They survived the rain and were able to enjoy a campfire, complete with hot dogs and S'mores...both of which Sam did not like and Gabe loved. They went fishing Sunday morning and Gabe caught a turtle. I thought Sam was going to jump out of his skin with excitement when they got home and told me all about their camping adventure. When I talked to Neal on the phone, he was a little frustrated that it had rained. Then, he told me later that Gabe ran up to him, gave him a big hug (Gabe gives the best and most enthusiastic hugs) and said "thank you for taking me camping Daddy, I love you".

He was fine after that.



2 comments:

Loy said...

it looks and sounds like they had a blast even though the weather didn't cooperate. Hey they literally were "roughin it". lol. love and miss all of you.

Nicole said...

No fair! When my dad took us camping, we had Beenie Weenies and Sardines! They got PopTarts!