Monday, August 10, 2009

Happiness

Here is a picture of me with two of my very best friends.
This is the most recent picture of us. If I showed you some older pictures of us, like the one of us sitting on the hood of Carrie's boyfriend's red truck wearing our jean jacket vests, you would be sure to laugh. We have known each other for years. Shana and I, since 6th grade and Carrie came into the picture our Junior year of High School. We haven't been together, in the same place for 5 years. I love these girls. I'm happy when they are happy, sad when they are sad, mad when they are mad. The past few years have been pretty tough, there has been a lot of sadness. So, when we got some amazingly HAPPY news, we knew it was time for a trip. It was so appropriate that what brought us to the same place was this precious little answer to ALOT of prayers...
Reese Elizabeth. Shana's daughter.
This is a picture of her laying on me. Can I just take a minute to tell you how wonderful it was to cuddle with this little angel all weekend long? We spent the Saturday we were together in our pj's, watching movies, cooking and taking turns cuddling Reese. It was like a dream, except it was real, so it was dreamy. It was a joy to look into her little face, to kiss her cheeks, to watch her sleep, to see her respond to Shana's voice, to watch Shana be a mommy.
Their story...it's God-breathed and breath-taking.

The days that we weren't laying around, we did what girls do, shopped and ate. We found a great deal on Lucky Jeans, my favorite, for $40 a pair. It's amazing what a good pair of jeans does to one's wardrobe. We literally stuffed ourselves with good food and daily runs to Sonic to fuel mine and Carrie's obsession and addictions to a drink that only needs to be described by two letters. DP. We ended our weekend with a shower for Shana and Reese at my mom's house. It was fun to see old friends and ohh and ahh over the cute little girly things.
It was, altogether, a fantastic weekend. A much needed break from my life and a joy to celebrate the life of sweet Reese. I love you girls!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I had so much fun with you girls. We waited too long to get together. I love you both!!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I am so happy that you got to come be with Shana and meet Reese! What a doll! She is the answer to many of your prayers, I know!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing the three of you together again. And such a thrill to have the shower here. The years go by way too fast. Reese will be in high school before we know it.

Cassidy Lundgren said...

Congratulations to Shana! I'm so happy for her! It's fun to see you guys together, too. Miss you!