Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Doctor's Appointments...

I'll start with Gabe first...we spent some time at his Dr. yesterday because he had another asthma-like episode. After a breathing treatment and some steroid medicine, Dr. Ladd gave a "working diagnosis" of "mild, intermittent Asthma". It's funny to me that they are so hesitant to diagnose something like this and allergies at this age. He was careful to emphasise the mild and intermittent part, I guess he was worried I would freak out. I can handle mild and intermittent...no prob! Anyway, we made it home with a nebulizer, Albuterol, some liquid steroid and Amoxicillin for the ear infection that I had no idea was even there. He is complete spazz right now with all that running through his system...totally hyper and fun one minute and then crying, sweating and wanting to be with me the next. We go back tomorrow for a follow up. It looks like allergies and "Asthma" will be a big part of the Watson household for years to come...

Now me, I went to my weekly appointment today to check out Luke's heart rate and it's still sounding good. One of the great things about my Dr. is that he is all about the epidural (his catch phrase is "We'll give it to you in the parking lot if you want it") and he also doesn't make you go past your due date, he will induce if you're uterus is "ripe" (not kidding, he says that). I went into natural labor with Sam the day before my scheduled induction and due date and was induced with Gabe on my due date. Anyway, today we got to talking about my due date and he said that we would have this baby way before January 15th, that he would induce me earlier if I was looking ready. Before those of you who hate Pitocin and inducing have a fit, I had great experiences with both and had totally normal great labors with no complications what so ever, so I'm all about ending the misery as quickly as possible. You tell a pregnant lady who can barely breath and starting to be miserable that she could have her baby a week earlier and most of them will jump at that...and I sure did. The thought of one week less of being pregnant made me happy for at least 2 whole hours today (see previous post "I've been taken over")!!! A year and a half ago, I was looking forward to enjoying my third pregnancy, but after the miscarriages and this heart stuff, it's not really been all that enjoyable. I'm happy to have the end in sight!

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Both of my girls havve been on nebulizers and Albuterol. They either go crazy with it or tend to be very sleepy. They just put Lily on a daily dose of Singular. She usually has her episodes in the winter. We haven't had one yet and there has been no runny noses. Hopefully this will keep us in the clear!!! Hope everyone starts to feel beter. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!