Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Things I'm Thankful for...

*My husband Neal, who...loves me, loves the Lord, takes me seriously, honors me, cherishes me, takes me and my feelings into account, protects our family, loves our boys, finds joy in being with us, provides for us, doesn't let anyone get away with messing with me, puts in wood floors in our kitchen, adds closets to rooms, drywalls said closets when he hates drywalling, finishes what he starts, always does what he says he is going to do, can figure out how to do anything, can figure out the answer to anything, is very smart, is open to changes, is very self-aware...I could go on and on. I love him and he makes my life safe and rich.
*My boys, of course. I'm about to have 3 of them. They are jewels, gifts, blessings, a delight. They fill my heart.
*My parents. Their support, consistency, example of Christ, example of a Godly marriage, their love for me and my family, their prayers for me and my family.
*My family. Even though they are far away....
*My friends. Who listen to me, pray for me, love me and want to hang out with me in spite of my flaws and annoying little tendencies, and who blog with me!
*My Nashville family. That the Lord brought us to this far away place knowing nobody, and now we have people to spend holidays with when we can't be with our family, we have friends to call on in a second if we need something, we have dear friendships here.
*My church. We are so blessed with a wonderful church, and a wonderful Community Group (who fall into the above category)
*Target. What's not to be thankful for when you think of Target?
*Fall in Nashville, the view outside my kitchen window is beautiful with the leaves on the trees changing and falling.
*A nice, hot, bubble bath with a good book.
*Neal's job and that he loves what he does.
*Chocolate chip cookies
*Dr. Pepper (I can't wait to have a DP from Sonic after I have Luke in January! I've already requested one to be brought to me in the hospital)
*Soup, specifically Chicken Tortilla and Potato.
*Our old quilt and our fleece Green Bay Packers blanket that I cover up with on the couch at night or when one of us is sick.
*TiVo
*My MAC studio fix powder
*My house with it's new wood floors!
*Quiet moments at home when Sam and Gabe are playing together nicely.
*That Sam and Gabe love to play together nicely!
*Chap stick
*My laptop
*My "Mom's Agenda" Calendar.
*Payday
*Jesus. I'll just sum this one up with that name in itself, if it weren't for Him, I would have nothing to be thankful for. I'm most thankful for the ways that He reveals His glory in my life and that He loves me in a way that is incomprehensible.

I could come up with more, but decided I had to have a stopping point. My sister-in-law, Laura, did this on her blog and asked this question of all her blog readers, and I will do the same...

What are you thankful for?

No comments: