Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekly Randomness

*I love Fridays. I don't have to rush to get everyone ready and out the door by 9. We've had a busy week, so we are having a PJ Day today. I am smushed up on the couch between Sam and Gabe watching Bob the Builder (which is why I'm posting, I don't particularly get involved in Bob the Builder). I'm not doing laundry today. I'm not cleaning my house. When the boys have rest time, I'm going to catch up with Tivo to see Grey's from last night.


*I still love The Office, but 30 Rock is really cracking me up lately. It's quickly becoming a new favorite. I love Tina Fey and can't wait to see her new movie "Baby Mama". Anyone seen it?


*We are going to Houston in a few weeks and I'm already thinking about all the Mexican food I'll be eating, all the time we will spend at the pool and with our friends and family.

*They have started bricking our new house. It should be done the beginning of the Fall. I'm so excited for my first season in the new house to be Fall.

*Luke is rolling over. Sometimes he gets stuck on his side and will just hang out there for awhile before he gets all the way to his tummy.

*I made the mistake of telling Gabe we were going to a birthday party tonight. He has been asking me when we are going every 5 minutes this morning. I just told him we weren't leaving until after rest time, so he told me he is ready to go to bed. I should never tell him what we are doing until we get in the car and are almost there.

*I'm still working out every morning at 6am with my friend Stacey. We usually do the same Spinning class on Tuesday and Thursdays. We love spinning so much that we decided to do one Fridays as well. I thought I was getting pretty good at it until I took the new class this morning with a different instructor. I'm going to be so sore this weekend! But at least I'm finally losing some of this extra pregnancy weight.

*I can't believe summer is a few weeks away, that means school is out in a few weeks. That also means that this is our last summer with a PreK boy in the house. I can't believe in a few short months, Sam will be going to REAL school. I want to soak up every minute of him this summer. I want to hear everything he has to say, every thought that he has in his quick little mind, every jump in the pool, every laugh, every smile, every tear. I want to remember how he looks with his little buzz cut and tan skin. I pray that the Lord will grant me extra grace with Sam this summer so that I can enjoy all those moments. Extra minutes to answer all of his questions and to really listen to what he has to say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I had been that aware and that diligent in wanting to soak up every bit of you and Todd. It went by so quickly, but is still so much fun to see you guys continuing to grow and be such cool, fun kids! I love you guys, and your spouses and kids. What a blessing you all are!
Love, Mom