Monday, May 19, 2008

What?!?!?

This morning, as I was feeding Luke his bottle, he smiled up at me and I saw something funny looking in his mouth. Upon further investigation, I realized that it was a TOOTH! His bottom, left tooth has broken all the way through...he is 4 months old! Once I got over the shock, I felt so terrible. All this time that tooth has been coming in and I had no clue! He got his first tooth without teething tablets, Tylenol, frozen teething toys and sympathy from Mommy (and he survived)! No wonder he has been a little extra fussy...poor baby. Isn't 4 months a little early to get a tooth? Sam and Gabe were well over 6 months before they got theirs. Anybody out there have early teethers?

6 comments:

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Lindsay,

Yes! Macie got her 2 bottom teeth at 4 months. I was the same way....clueless! I thought it was just b/c I was a first time mommy, but it makes me feel better that you didn't know either:). She hasn't gotten anymore, but is seems like she's been working on them forever.

Jaime said...

Isn't that funny how different they are?? Reece was 11mo old before he got his two bottom teeth. His next two still haven't broken through and he will be 1 this Saturday. Crazy huh?

Them Chandlers said...

Audrey was 4 months when her first bottom tooth broke the surface. Since she was my first, I was like, "sheesh, she just started sleeping through the night...now we have to deal with fussy teething??" :)

Loy said...

I cannot believe he all ready has a tooth. Make him slow down growing. We can't wait to meet him and see you and the boys.

Lacey said...

Seriously?? Already?? 4 months? I thought Ellie was early on her 6 month birthday. hadley is drooling all over the place- I wonder if she'll be early also?? Hmmmm...

Julie said...

Bennett got his first tooth at 4 months also...freaky, huh?!