Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Day at the Lake

I'm way behind in blogging, so this is my attempt to catch up. My friend Nicole and her husband Gary invited us out for a day at the lake in their new boat. The only condition of the invitation was NO KIDS. We were happy to find someone to watch them and even pay someone for a day of relaxation with some good friends. Gabe woke up not feeling great that morning, so I left him at the house with Luke and the babysitter, Deeann, while Sam went to a friends house. Neal and I were walking down the dock to get on the boat when my cell phone rang. It was Deeann calling to tell me that Gabe had just thrown up! Of course! She said she had everything under control, but just wanted to check in with me. We decided to go ahead and get out on the water and just see how he did. I had Mommy Guilt the first few hours, but decided a day on the lake with Neal was really needed and that Gabe would be in good hands with Deeann. Gary bought Nicole and I rafts, so once we found a nice cove, we threw the rafts out in the water and floated. It was heavenly! Gary even grilled out on the boat for lunch.

Nicole and I met in the toy aisle at Target and have been friends since. Her son, Mitch, is 2 months younger than Gabe and her other son, Jake, is two months older than Luke. We've been friends for two years and these are the first pictures of the two of us together.

Thanks, Gary and Nicole, for a wonderful day on the lake! We had a great time.






***On a side note, after I saw these pictures, I marched myself to Target and got some smaller sunglasses. I knew those in the picture were big, but I didn't realize how ridiculous they looked on me!
***On another side note, we paid Deeann a big bonus for dealing with all the throw up. I'll certainly be asking her to babysit again, she was so great, I'm just not sure she will want to come back! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm so glad you got to go. I'm glad you have such nice friends and such great help with the kids.