Friday, July 4, 2008

House Update

It's been a while since I've updated on the house. Neal and I went out yesterday to walk through with the Contractor, Paul. They have done so much, it's amazing. This picture was taken last weekend, after they put the appliances and granite in. The granite is mostly covered, but you can see a little bit of it on the edge, it's blackish/greenish/brownish. They put the hardwoods in this week in the entry, dining room, kitchen and breakfast room. I'm bummed I forgot my camera yesterday, so I didn't get a picture. It looks so good though - I love hardwoods and am especially excited about the darker color that we picked and the way it looks with the kitchen cabinets. They have also completed the tile in the bathrooms, laundry room and garage entry, all the trim, doors, light fixtures, speakers, alarm and some other little things like that. Really, all that is left to be done is, touch up paint, carpet, the deck in the back, the front porch and some other little details. Paul told us that it would be ready in 3 - 4 weeks max! While that is so exciting, it's also a bummer since we can't close on our house now until August 18th. So the new house will be sitting, complete and ready for us a few weeks before we can officially move in. I've been doing a little packing this weekend and we are starting to do some research on new appliances that we will need to buy - fridge, washer and dryer - since we are selling our current ones with this house. I go to bed every night walking through the new house in my head, decorating it and imagining living life in it. I'm thrilled that we are moving into a great, family oriented neighborhood. We've already met a few neighbors and know that our boys will have plenty of playmates just on our street alone. They keep asking me "can I bring **some toy** to the new house"? I always say yes, everything is coming to the new house. "Even the couch? Our beds? Our clothes? This cup? The sand box? My pencil?" You get the picture. Next time we go out, I'll take some more pictures to post.

Hope everyone has a happy 4th!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Loy said...

We are so happy for you guys. The kitchen looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more recent pics of the whole house. love ya.

Carly O'Quinn said...

I cannot wait to come and visit the new house! Your kitchen looks AMAZING and I can just picture it with your dark hardwoods.

laura said...

It looks incredible! It is going to be perfect.