Monday, April 27, 2009

Gearing up for Summer

I'm so happy to have a sun burn on my shoulders! Summer is almost here and I could not be more excited! It has been a long, dreary Winter here, so it's nice to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin.

While I was out at the grocery store this weekend, I got a frantic call from Sam and Gabe asking where their water guns were, I told them I didn't know and they both begged me to buy them one while I was still at the store. They told me that all their friends were outside having a water fight. And because I'm the kind of mom that doesn't like her kids to miss out on all the fun, I bought them both the coolest water gun I could find. When I pulled in the driveway, there were 10 kids running around our street soaking wet, well, 8 really, since Sam and Gabe didn't have a gun to participate. Daddy helped them get their guns set and they were out in the middle of it in no time, soaking wet with the rest of them. They eventually changed in to their bathing suits and were literally outside for 6 hours yesterday



We also pulled out our little sandbox and all the kids have had fun making a mess of our sad grass in the backyard. Will sand make grass grow quicker? Probably not. Oh well. When we are all outside, this is one of Luke's favorite things to do.

This would be Luke's other favorite thing to do. Walking away with no regard to where I might be or what I might be telling him to do. The obligatory picture of Luke taking off...


We are gearing up for end of school programs and some pool time...can't wait!

1 comment:

Loy said...

it looks like the boys had an awesome time playing. so glad that you have a street full of kids that they can play with. i know you guys did a lot of praying for that. luke looks so small in the last picture. love ya'll!