Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hormonal?

For the past three weeks, I've pretty much been house bound. After the c-section, I was not allowed to drive for 2 weeks and they said that I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than Luke for 6 weeks (like him in his car seat), and honestly, up until today, I haven't wanted to do any of those things. I've been so lucky to have people here for the past three weeks to basically do everything for me! It's not easy for me to let people do stuff for me, so that should give you the hint that this c-section has kicked my butt...I'll just tell you...this c-section has kicked my butt! I'm so sick of my stomach hurting.

I decided this morning that I was just going to ignore it and pretend like I was a normal person...I wanted to do something that resembled my normal life. I got up this morning at 6:30am to feed Luke and when I was done and he fell asleep, I rejected that strong desire to go back to bed, instead...I did stuff...like fixed the boys lunch, put my clothes in the dirty clothes basket, emptied the bathroom trash cans, took a shower, blow dried my hair...and...I put make up on! I can't tell you how accomplished I felt, it was so great to get some stuff done all by myself. After Sam had left for school and my super sweet friend, Stacey, had taken Gabe to the Y while she worked her 2 hour shift in child care, I loaded Luke up in the car and drove out into the world beyond my cozy house. I returned books at the Library (at least 2 weeks overdue), got gas in my car and went to Target. Yes, I did lift Luke in the car seat to the cart and you know what? My incision didn't bust open and start oozing blood all over the parking lot!

I headed into Target feeling pretty good. The first sign something wasn't right was when I went to the dressing room to try some clothes on. The family dressing room was taken, so the attendant told me I could wait for it. Wait? Are you kidding me? I have a three week old baby that could start crying at any minute...I need in that room RIGHT NOW! I didn't say any of that, I just stood there for a few mintues, waiting...and sweating...and getting SO mad at that lady. Finally, I told her I couldn't wait, that I would just go into a small one. So she tells me I'm going to have to empty out my entire cart (which was full) before I could go in. Huh? Like my cart was going to fit in one of the small rooms...doesn't she know it won't? I explained to her that I would just be taking the car seat in...duh (again, I lifted it and nothing broke in my body). I was sweating bullets and SO angry at that lady, and really, she didn't do anything wrong, she just wasn't getting it like I wanted her to. The good news is I actually found a cute pair of pants that don't hurt my incision (have you noticed that Target is carrying the Converse brand now? Got some really cute cargo Converse pants).

Then, I head to check out and the dude checking me out took 5 YEARS to scan everything and bag it, really it took him FOREVER. Still sweating...still mad! I get everything loaded into the car and head out, only to get furious with another driver who is totally getting into my lane, so they got honked at...by me...still sweating.

It took me the car ride home and a Sonic Dr. Pepper (which I felt I totally deserved) to calm down, stop sweating and to realize that the hormones are truly raging right now and that it might not be a bad idea to stay another 3 weeks in my cozy home...just to keep away from all the crazies out there! :)

By the way, I'm sore and all I want to do is crawl in bed and sleep for 6 hours straight.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh Lindsay, I know just how you feel. I was so bound with Reece for the first 6 months. He HATED the car seat and would scream anytime I put him in. Plus, he would alternate sleeping and eating every hour so I was afraid to go out and risk going over my hour time limit. Plus, a c-section is so hard to physically recover from (not to mention the emotional side.) Hang in there girly, it can only get better! Just keep thinking of that precious baby and this too shall pass!

Love ya
Jaime

Carly O'Quinn said...

I was sweating reading about you sweating! I hate that feeling. It's like...why can't people just "get it" and do things the way you have it all planned out in your head. There are too many variables (i.e. feedings, meltdowns, etc) for people to not hurry up like you need them to.

You really need to shape up and get your act together so you can be the sane one when I call you sweating and acting hormonal!

Carrie said...

I'm laughing. Is that bad? I hate the sweating part. I get that way at the pediatricians. I beg all the kids to be good but I' on pins and needles. Life.... we keep having babies!!!

Lindsay said...

I so the same thing at the Pediatritions office too! What is that???

Nicole said...

No wonder you sounded so down and out when I talked to you last night! :) I don't know about you, but I am soooo ready to return to "normal life". I feel like we our lives have been screwed up for three months! Maybe having these babies so close together wasn't such a good idea! :) I MISS YOU!