Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meet Shana

My best friend, Shana, has joined us in blogger land! Shana and I grew up together in Houston. We met in 6th grade at Sunday School and have been friends ever since. We didn't go to the same school, but lived 15 minutes away from each other. I really wanted to post some old pictures of us, but don't have the brain power to figure out the scanner...maybe one of these days. There are some great photos though, I'm sure you can imagine, we were definitely rockin' the bangs and perms! Anyway, Shana and I have been through a lot together...a whole lot. She is so intertwined in my history and is a part of so many of my best memories. She has been, and continues to be, a huge blessing in my life. We are so different from each other, but the Lord has used that in such a unique way to bless our friendship for all of these years.

Shana has an amazing story that you can read about on her blog. She and her husband have struggled for a couple of years with infertility. She has walked a very dark and depressing path the past few years, struggling to get pregnant, only to have two miscarriage. I'll let you go read her story in her own words, I would not do it justice. The Lord has still not finished writing this chapter in her life, but Shana has come to a place were she wants to be a voice to other women who struggle with infertility as well. She has done an amazing job with her blog, there is a wealth of information on it pertaining to infertility. She is so honest about sharing her struggles. I know it's hard to put yourself out there and to be so honest for the world to see, I'm so proud of her for doing it, and I know that it will bless so many people.

So...go check her blog out and welcome her to our little corner of the World Wide Web!

I love you Shan!

3 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

God is so good. He brought me to "blogger land" just days before you put this post. Rusty and I are dealing with infertility and are about to start our first round of IVF. What an encouragement Shana is. I hope that she doesn't mind, but I have just found a new blog to "stalk"!

Lindsay said...

Jenni, You'll have to introduce yourself to Shana, you've got NLCS in common as well. I know she would love to be blog friends with you, y'all would have a lot to talk about.

Cody and Shana said...

Thanks Linz for the sweet intro...I am looking forward to what will come of this blog land!!! And the new friends I will meet!!!