Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Quiet Moment

What I'm looking at right now.

It's snowing again! Of course, they canceled school, but that's okay! We have all the blinds pulled up and have had a lazy day, watching the snow falling. Now I'm sitting in my living room, the house is quiet, all the boys are asleep or having rest time, I'm cuddled up on my couch with my warm blanket catching up with my friends. It's nice to just be quiet. No talking, no TV, no music, no phone, no whining, no crying, no asking for more juice, I don't even have to listen to the sound of my own voice. It's hard to take advantage of these moments, but I'm never sorry when I do. It's moments like this that I appreciate how hard my husband works so I can stay home and watch the snow falling with my boys.


(I appreciate how hard he works in other moments too!)


Well, that quiet moment was short lived. Luke is starting to squeak and grunt, which only means one thing...time to eat!



Out the kitchen window

3 comments:

Nicki W. said...

how beautiful! what a neat picture. i miss the "swing by the window" days...my how time flies.

Carrie said...

AHHHHHH it looks so peaceful.

Jaime said...

Oh Lindsay, I so miss the beautiful view we had there! It's been like spring here for weeks. In fact, I'm planting flowers in the yard today. Talk to me in July though...we will be cooking by then :o)