Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's a new (hair) day.

I took Sam and Gabe today to get their hairs trimmed up a bit. Gabe has had long hair from the time his hair was long enough to be long. I've taken him in a few times to get a cut, but I usually do it myself. I found a new girl this past year for myself and have started taken the boys to her. She has become a friend and one thing I love about her is her honesty. While we were growing Sam's hair out, I brought him in for a clean up and she told me it didn't need to be cut, she said she would do it, but that if I wanted to grow it out, we needed to wait. So we waited. This afternoon, when we walked in and she saw Gabe, she gave me a look and told me it was time. This is the longest his hair has ever been, and I even cut some off the length a few weeks ago. I knew it was time for a shorter, less "she's so cute" cut, so we went for it. I'm still feeling a little sick about it, but I think I like it. It's good to see a little more of that sweet face looking at me. I loved his long hair. Maybe I liked it too much, maybe I had fun playing with it and maybe I pulled a straighter through it every once in a while...maybe. I'll probably let it grow out again, but for now, it's fun to have a little change. Here he is sporting a lot less hair than the pictures below in his birthday post.
Sam, on the other hand, has had short hair for years. We started the growing out process in the fall and have almost reached a point where we really like it. He has even started mastering the hair toss when it gets in his eyes...such a little dude. She just cleaned it up in the back and thinned it out a little bit...this kid has got some hair.

You'd think I had girls with the way I'm going on and on about their hair!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm leaving a comment...just to make you happy! :) I really like his haircut, and I cannot WAIT to see it in person!

Unknown said...

I was just on Shutterfly looking at pictures of Gabe's hair - Easter of 2007, then when you guys were in Houston 2007 were some of Gabe with hair that was shorter. I too am eager to see him in person! It looks really cute on him. Can't wait to see both hairs in person! All 3 hairs in person!