Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two Weeks Old!

Here are some new pictures of my little two week old. He is such a little sweetie and we are just eating him up. I know first hand how quickly they grow out of this sweet little newborn phase, so I'm trying to enjoy every moment, every cuddle, every stretch, every yawn, every cry. I know it will be gone in the blink of an eye. The middle of the night feedings and little sleep don't seem as hard this time around. It's hard to get out of bed, but once I've got him in my arms, feeding him, I can't help but marvel at the precious gift of life that the Lord has blessed us with.

Tonight, when I was feeding Luke, Sam and Gabe were running around the living room getting the bad guys and simply being boys, I was amazed at that fact that I'm now a mom of three boys. It seems unreal, can that really be true? How crazy is that? I have three (THREE) boys! What in the world? In a few years, my grocery bill is going to be out of this world, my car and house will stink of sweaty boy smells, and I'll be driving all over the place to drop them off at their various activities. So much to look forward to and so much to soak in right now. I pray that I will find joy in all three of my boys each day and that I will know how to mother each of their sweet little hearts.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a precious little blessing! Your comments about sweaty boys eating you out of house and home brought tears to my eyes....not sure if it's because I'm sad they grow up so fast or if it's because the grocery bill will be out of this world! :)

Wendy... said...

Yes....from experience of now having a TEENAGER....the do get stinky (very stinky) and they and their friends will eat you out of house and home! But...at the end of the day, after they've wiped their mouth and taken a shower...they can still remind you of the precious little baby that you held in your arms years before! He probably wouldn't want me to admit it, but I still have Chase sit in my lap and get as many hugs, kisses and snuggles as I can and he does it! Heck, I hope he does that even at age 40!

Enjoy your precious time...it's such a blessing and yes...it goes by quick!!!

Love you girl!
Wendy

Jaime said...

Oh Lindsay, he's just precious! I can't believe that Reece is already 8 months old...it goes by too quickly! Enjoy all those moments while you can!

Miss ya
Jaime