Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Nothing like a pregnant picture of me to wish you a Happy New Year - but this picture was taken on New Years Eve, so there you go. This is me at 38 weeks...and yes...I'm wearing a dress...a real dress, not a "tunic". Neal's boss's son got married last night, so Neal and I got dressed up for the wedding. Me in a dress and Neal in a suit! That NEVER happens around here! It's been awhile since I've been to a wedding, so it was fun to go and be reminded of our wedding day and how far we have come! It was also great to spend some time with good friends. My friend Stacey watched the boys for us, so after the wedding (and after we ran home to change back into our normal clothes) we went over to her house and hung out the rest of the night with more friends.

We have enjoyed our last lazy day at home for the holidays. Neal goes back to work tomorrow, and I go to the Dr for another check up. I'm hoping that I'll leave his office with a date set for induction. I know that it will be sometime in the next two weeks, it all depends on how far along I am. My official due date is two weeks from today. If we get any news I'll be sure to post. I finally had some motivation today to get some stuff set aside that I know I'll need to take to the hospital. I got the infant car seat out and all cleaned up and I even pulled out the dreaded breast pump (ugh!) to see if it's still working from 2 years ago. I don't feel like I'm ready, but I don't really know what else I can do, short of actually packing up my bags, so I guess I am ready. Scheduling the induction (they want me to induce, rather than go into labor on my own so they can monitor his heart rate from the very beginning) will probably send me into a tizzy of activity...or panic...

I woke up from a nap this afternoon to see that it was snowing outside! It stuck, but didn't snow long enough to go out and play in it. It was sure beautiful though, a nice treat for the first day of 2008. It's supposed to be 28 here tomorrow!

Happy 2008!

3 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

So pretty!

Glad you all had a good New Year. You'll have to ask Carly all about our crazy night. :)

I'll be praying for your appointment tomorrow!

Kathryn said...

I cannot believe are you already 38 weeks! Wow...time has flown! I will be praying for you tomorrow at your appointment. Baby Luke will surely have a story to tell when he's all big about the many people that prayed for him and loved him before he was even born.

laura said...

You look gorgeous! And, in my humble opinion, you STILL do not have the "pregnant face"!! And you are only two weeks away! How do you do it? Glad you had a fun night out on New Years Eve!!