Monday, April 14, 2008

3 Months

My littlest baby is 3 months today. Last night, I gave Neal some pj's to put on Luke. When I came back in the room, he was wearing a different pair. Neal said the pair I gave him was too small...too small? Do you know what that means? I've got to pull out the 3-6 month bin and put away some of the 0-3 month clothes. Some of the 0-3, I'll keep my favorites out until he absolutely can't straighten his legs! This is the last time any of my babies will wear 0-3 month clothes. I will pack them up and hand them off to another darling boy who can get some good use out of them. This is the first of many lasts. Just a little bit ago, as I rocked him to sleep, I tried to memorize the way his little body felt in my arms. I hope I never forget.

At 3 months:

-loves his paci, has to have it to go to sleep.
-we still swaddle him in the miracle blanket, although he is almost too big for it.
-smiles so sweetly
-coos really loudly
-loves to lay on the floor and kick those little legs
-little legs that are starting to get chunky!
-goes from around 9pm to 8am between feedings and sleeps most of that time, he almost always wakes up between 3-5 for a quick cuddle and paci refill.
-doesn't like riding in the car
-the only way to get him to stop crying in the car is to blare the music for a few minutes...works like a charm.
-he has discovered that his hands are a part of his body, he stares at them and tracks them with his eyes when they move.
-loves being sung too, "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" always gets a smile.


1 comment:

Lacey said...

Awww, you almost made me cry reading your post. So sweet. I need to take a moment and memorize how small my baby is now. They sure do grow up fast. Your little man is adorable.