Saturday, April 19, 2008

Soccer Saturday

Today was the boys first official Soccer game of the season. I posted last week about their first practice. Gabe was totally into it and Sam was the one standing in the middle of the field picking flowers. Today at the games, it was the opposite. Gabe wasn't into it and Sam was. Sam is my more reserved, shy one, so I can't tell you how proud I was of him today. He was right in the middle of the pack, chasing after the ball at every turn. He even got to it once and kicked it free of the pack. After he did that, he looked over at Neal and I to make sure we saw, the look on his face was priceless...he was so proud of himself. Just watching him running back and forth made me want to bust, he was SO cute in his yellow jersey and the way he runs kills me. We have had a rough few months with him. He is walking the line between toddlerhood and boyhood, so we are all trying to figure out how to make that transition.

I'm not sure what Gabe's deal was today, I guess it was just an off day. It's always funny when they won't participate in something and then later, they will talk about how much fun they had. Huh? Sure didn't look like he was having fun, but he says he did!

I brought my camera, but the battery died after I took one picture. I had to use the video camera as a back up, so these pictures are from the video camera and didn't turn out all that great, but I still had to post them!




Gabe and his best friend, Mitch (far left, the one pouting!) and another teammate


Sam and his best friend, Tucker

And Luke...he cried pretty much the whole time. He didn't want me to hold him, he didn't want his paci or to eat. I finally just put him in the stroller and he cried himself to sleep. Little stinker. I assumed that my third child would go with the flow...boy was I ever wrong! He is three months old and giving me a run for my money! He sure it cute though. It won't be long and he will be out there with his brothers chasing after the ball.

No comments: