Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Brothers, Blackeye's and Ice Cream

Laundry baskets are a favorite toy around here, especially with most of the toys packed up for the pending move. Sam wanted Luke to sit with him in the laundry basket this afternoon, and, of course, asked me to take their picture and Gabe had to jump in. The look on Luke's face in this first picture cracks me up. He looks thrilled, right? I had to throw in the others from bath time, just to show his big ole smile, especially when his brothers are in front of him. Sam can make him smile and laugh like no one else. He just looks at him and Luke starts smiling. It's pretty sweet.

You might also notice Luke's slightly black left eye. He fell on a toy the other day and has beaten Gabe's record of youngest Watson boy to get a black eye, at six months. Gabe holds the record of worst black eye of the youngest Watson boy though. If I hadn't already packed up their journals, I could tell you exactly when Gabe's first one was, I think it was around 8 months. He had at least 3 before he turned one. I hope Luke doesn't break that record. Actually, I hope Luke doesn't break any more of the records Gabe has already set health/injury wise (this would be outside the womb)!





I also have to tell this funny story. We went to Chick-fil-a this afternoon and while we were sitting at the table eating ice cream cones, Sam asked for a napkin quickly because he had a little bit of ice cream on his mouth. He asked for new napkins a few times to wrap his cone in to catch the drips and and one point said, "I don't like to get dirty while I'm eating". I told him that I didn't either, but that someone at the table sure did. We both looked at Gabe and couldn't help but laugh. He was covered...ice cream was dripping down his chin, his cone, his fingers, all over his shirt, but man did he have a smile on his face - that boy bleeds sugar. They are polar opposites in so many ways, but they sure love each other.

1 comment:

Carly O'Quinn said...

Luke has the sweetest little face! I love that Sam likes to stay clean & Gabe likes to be dirty. I can't wait to see if they stay that way. I look at your boys and Gabe seems so much like you and Sam & Luke favor each other (not that you like to be dirty). I feel like both our middle kids are the odd balls out! Crazy. Miss you.