Sunday, August 24, 2008

Exploring and New Friends

Here are some pictures of our new backyard. We don't have grass yet, the hay is where the grass will be eventually. The boys and Grandma went exploring down the trail yesterday and spotted 3 deer and some rabbits. Our neighbors told us that they have spotted a red fox.






The boys spent most of today outside playing with some of the kids on our new street. They went from house to house and played outside in between houses. We've already got kids coming to the door to ask if they can come out to play. They had a blast and have come a long way from the first two days where they didn't even want to leave the front porch!
While they were outside playing, Neal got most of the blinds hung, so we were able to take down the sheets we had taped up on most of our windows. Mom and I also hung curtains in my dining room and put some stuff up on Luke's walls. His room is the one that is closest to being done. I'm just lacking curtains and some other small decorating things. I've also been enjoying doing laundry with my new washer and dryer - they are so much quicker than my old ones!
Sam goes to his first full day of Kindergarten tomorrow. When I picked him up the first day, he told me that he had made 2 new friends, the second day he asked if one of them could come over to play. So, my goal tomorrow at the K Mom's meet and greet is to track the new friends mom down and get their number. When we told him he was going back to school tomorrow, he got excited - so that's a good sign! I think we might even attempt to do the bus on Tuesday. We've been watching it pick up and drop off the kids everyday and most of the neighbor kids ride it, so I feel a little better about it now. Baby steps...

2 comments:

Loy said...

Hey, Watsons. Love your backyard. We can't wait to see more pictures.

Proud of you Linz for your "baby Steps". I promise it does get better.

Bethany said...

Ooh I want to see pics of the new house and the decorating you're doing!!!