Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Randomness

*Have you ever had Starburst Jellybeans? They only come around at Easter time and they are the best! The original ones are good, but the sour ones are my favorite. You can also buy a whole bag of the reds and pinks! If you haven't tried them, grab a bag next time you are at Target. Do it quick though, because they will stop selling them soon.

*I mentioned in one of the posts about Kandice that she had done my laundry for me, with Callie's help too! My washer broke last week and I had to wait until yesterday for the Sears guy to come revive it. $180 later it's working; that was money well spent. I have SO much laundry piled up, even with Kandice and Callie doing 2 loads for me this weekend. So, today has been a laundry day. I'm on my 4th load. I don't think my laundry volume is going to get any better either. With 4 boys in the house, it can only get worse. Especially when the 3 little ones start playing sports and getting stinky(er)!

*Sam and Gabe are playing soccer for the first time in April and May. We signed them up with a league at their school that only has a two month season. They have never played before, so it will be fun to see if either of them gets into it.

*Callie(Kandice's mom) has been in town this weekend and she offered to watch Sam and Gabe Sunday night so Neal and I (and Luke) could go out. We took her up on that offer and went to Carabas for dinner. I love Carabas...bread, Ceaser Salad, and Chicken Marsala with Garlic Mashed Potatoes..yummy! Then we went to Borders and hung out there for a while. Sam and Gabe were going to spend the night with Callie, but we got a call from her at 10 (yes, we were home by 10...we were home by 9) saying that they wanted to come home (Kandice lives a house away). Turns out, they had just finished their 4th (!) movie and Callie told them they couldn't watch another one and that it was time to go to sleep. She is so mean, only letting them watch FOUR movies! They had a blast with Callie and Eli and have wanted to go back to hang out with her every day! Thanks for the night out Callie! We love it when you come to town!

*I'm on a diet. Trying to lose that baby weight. After a year and a half being pregnant (2 miscarriages in there, I wasn't pg with Luke for a year and a half!), I'm ready to have my body back to normal. I've cut out all soft drinks and have been really good about not eating too much sugar...except for those jellybeans! I've already lost 4 whole pounds but I've still got a ways to go before I can fit in all my cute Spring clothes. I'm starting a serious exercise regime with my friend Stacey in a week...I'll let you know how that goes. I hate exercising!

*Luke has excema (at least I think that's what it is) all over his little face. We go to the Dr. tomorrow for his 2 month visit. I'm curious to see what he says about it and to see how much he weighs. He has really started smiling a lot these past few days. It's so sweet. He is doing really good sleeping, he went from 11:30 last night to 7 this morning without eating. He woke up at 3, but I just gave him his paci and he went right back to sleep! Yay! I'm hoping he will keep that up. Thanks in part to the Miracle Blanket from Nicole.

*I met Nicole at Target, in one of the toy aisles. Her son Mitch is 2 months younger than Gabe. We started chatting, realized we lived in the same neighborhood and exchanged phone numbers. We've became fast friends and always laugh about how Target brought us together. She has since moved out of the neighborhood, but is still only 10 minutes away.

*My parents are coming in this weekend for Easter. I'm so excited to have them here and for them to see how much Luke has grown.

*Sam and Gabe are on Spring Break this week, so I'm trying to plan some fun stuff to do. We went to the park yesterday afternoon with some friends. I wanted to take them to see Horton Hears A Who, but Sam said he didn't want to go see it in the theater because it was too loud...okay. Has anyone seen it? Should I take him anyway? We are going to our new favorite little indoor playgroud called The Monkey's Treehouse on Friday and, if the weather is nice, will probably spend some more time outside at the park.

*Time for more laundry.

5 comments:

Carly O'Quinn said...

That IS randomness!

* Starburst Jelly beans have been filling our candy dish for the last month and I've taken to using them for kid bribery on a daily basis. Meanwhile...I'm snacking away and not making any progress losing weight! I need for Easter to be over so I won't have candy laying around.

* Yea for a fixed washing machine! Does that mean you have 3 more loads to go or have your dirty boys created more since we last spoke?

* Lindsay...exercise? Really? Now why would you want to go and do a thing like that? I'm proud of you for laying off the sodas, though.

* I'm curious about the eczema thing. When did all of that start? Let me know what Dr. Ladd says. I'm still waiting to see if Sully will have my yucky skin or Casey's.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Two of my favorite things in the world are Starburst jellybeans and Target!
I knew I liked you! :)

Ashley McWhorter said...

They sell Starburst jelly beans year round at Walmart. Didn't know if I should tell you. :)

Carrie said...

I'll go get the jellybeans. I fly home tomorrow - I'll call you tomorrow in the airport. Miss talking all the time.
Good for you to exercise. Laura and I are running in the am Monday and Friday. I can't let you get skinny and leave me behind!!!
As for laundry..... after traveling for Christmas it took me until Feb. to catch up. No lie. 3 kids makes for a lot of dirty clothes.

Lindsay said...

Ashley, I'm going to pretend you didn't say that! :)