Sunday, July 15, 2007

Crayons



My little Gabey got a hold of a green crayon today. This morning, we had a long talk about how the crayons stay at the kitchen table and we only color on paper. Not an hour after than little talk, he smuggled a green crayon upstairs to the play room. Neal and I were having a serious conversation, for at least 45 minutes, Gabe and Sam were upstairs playing. After Neal and I are done, I go upstairs to find Gabe holding a crayon. At closer inspection, I see that there is green crayon scribble all over the walls, the couch, the frame of my glider, the TV, the TV cabinet, every table in the room, the blinds, the window frame, the mouse pad and the lamp shade that was on the floor. Little Gabe spent alot of time in his bed while Mommy calmed down. When I walked in to get him, he said, crying hysterically and without prompting "I'm SO sorry Mommy". He knew he was in trouble, big time. Sam's go to line for the whole incident was "Gabe did it", he got a big talk about not encouraging Gabe to do something he shouldn't be doing and letting me know when something like that is happening. Sam's old enough to know that coloring on everything is NOT okay! So, I had to make on of those rules that probably hurts me more than them...no more play room for 2 days, and then they can't be up there alone until they prove that they can "be nice" to the house and Mommy and Daddy's things. Ugh! I shut the door to that room and haven't been up there since...how in the heck am I going to get green crayon off the glider frame and couch? I'm not even going to try on the wall, it would take 20 Mr. Clean Magic bars to get it off, I mean it's one whole wall, not just a little place. Now there is no hope that my kids are going to be artists - I'm hiding all the crayons!

Look at this face though, can't stay mad at him for very long! Little stinker...




1 comment:

Page said...

Isn't that an initiation for all parents?? Crayons on the walls? My mother in law told me a story recently about my hubby doing the same thing when he was about 3 or 4 years old, so I'm trying to prepare for it even before I have children!!
Anyhow, thanks for stopping by my blog and so sorry to hear about your pugs, but I'm sure they went to a wonderful home!
Keep up with the great stories of your kids...I love reading them!