Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Potty Training

Gabe has got it down, but only when he is naked. And that's really a problem, since I can't take him to Target and Sonic naked. The second I put underwear on him, he forgets all about the potty, he won't tell me he has to go, he won't tell me when he goes, it doesn't bother him to be wet. I've tried positive reinforcement, mm's, skittles, fun underwear...I'm at a loss. I don't want to give up because he gets it, I just don't know how to get past this phase. Thoughts anyone? Any magic tips?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey lindsay!
thanks for posting on my blog...so glad to hear from you!
we feel like we know lots about your family from cindy and your mom too!
how fun is this blogging thing?
it connects so many people who might not normally connect...i've so enjoyed it!

your kiddos are adorable!
congrats on the 3rd!

as far as potty training..i'm afraid i can't give much advice.
ethan was almost 4 before he was potty trained. we tried EVERYTHING...candy, donuts, toys, fun undies, spankings...you name it.
nothing. he was a stubborn little kid.
a few people told us "he'll be ready when he's ready."
and it was true, all of the sudden one day...he wanted to do it.
and he never looked back.

and he never had an accident either.
good luck with that!
i look forward to reading more about your cute little family!
blessings!
liz

Carrie said...

Let me know what works and then I'll use it! Helpful aren't I!

Jenny said...

Hi, Lindsay. I know you don't know me at all... I linked to you through Carrie's blog. Anyway, just to let you know, I am having the EXACT same problem with my 2 1/2 year old! I don't know what to do! Maybe it will at least help you to know that you are not alone! Ugh! This potty training thing is a pain in the rear... literally.

Lindsay said...

Hey Jenny! Thanks for visiting my blog! How funny that you are having the same problem. That does make me feel better. I think on Monday, I'm going to hit it hard with the underwear again...I'll let you know if I have any breakthroughs!