Sunday, July 22, 2007

This weekend...

Neal was out of town. He travels quite a bit for his job, but typically during the week. Every once in a while he has to go out of town on a weekend, when a church has their grand opening. He works for a company that does Audio, Video and Lighting installs for churches building or renovating their campuses. So, it would make sense that he be there for their big opening. I try to be understanding, but I hate weekends alone with just me and the boys! It just doesn't feel right, because I know he should be home. I dread the weekends when I know he is going to be gone. Luckily, we had a birthday party at Pump it Up on Saturday, during nap time...which meant an early bedtime! If we are really lucky, my friend Kandice's (who lives a house away) husband is out of town the same time, so we will camp out at one of our houses to pass the time and have some "adult" talk! She and her little cutie baby Eli came over last night with one of their friends to keep us company in that time before bed without a nap all day. I didn't have the energy this morning to get us all up at to church on time, so we are having a pj day! I'm going to have to be okay with leaving the TV on a little longer than I normally would and we might just have to get out for a trip to Sonic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lindsay
unfortunately..i know the feeling well.
i dread when i know rob is leaving town.
somehow we always survive, but i always hate being alone.
and its even harder to have to be anywhere on time (like church) when husbands are gone.
i've found that keeping busy with friends, or setting up a sitter to come for a while, or planning my day out helps time move faster and keeps the kids manageable.
(like breakfast, YMCA, movie time while i make lunch, play outdoors, naps, babysitter comes over or friends come to play and we order pizza..etc...you get the idea)

when i don't have a plan...things kind of fall apart really fast and the kids are bored or throwing tantrums, whatever. and i've gotten nothing done!
it also helps to shop and plan your meals for the weekend before neal leaves town...so you don't have to take 2 (soon to be 3 kiddos to the grocery store, alone).
that rarely goes well for me!

i think you get what i'm saying...
i just really feel your pain!
i hope you've got good friends around you to support you...it sounds like it.

Sarah said...

Hey Linz,
Hope all is well in Nashville. I saw your blog on the Klein website and wanted to say hello. I can't believe how big Sam and Gabe are getting; they are adorable! Bella is 17 months now and very tall, hilarious, and rotten. Sleep is still a thing to be desired in the Moore household! I have emailed you a few times and never heard anything back, so just thought I would get in touch with you here. Email me back at sem1@bcm.tmc.edu when you get a chance. Congrats on ya'll's pregnancy! We are so excited for ya'll and will be keeping you in our prayers. Love and miss you, Sae