Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick

Sam started it with a fever, Gabe took the fever and added vomiting, I took the vomiting and dropped the fever. It's been a gross few days at our house! Luckily, Neal come home from work early yesterday when I was at my worst. I was able to take Fennegren (pill form, thank you) and I slept for 5 hours...during the day! I'm feeling much better today and so are the boys. I think it was just a little 24 hour bug, thank goodness. I hate when I'm sick like that and know that I shouldn't eat anything, so then all I can think about is what I want to eat, but can't. Like Mexican food, Cheeseburger Charlies, french fries with ketchup, pizza...I was well enough this afternoon to get my Mexican in! Of course, Mexican in Nashville is kinda a joke. Nothing like growing up in Houston with a Mexican food place on every corner, Lupe Tortilla and Pappasittos down the street...I could do with some Lupe fajitas right now, yum.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

WOndering why you haven't answered the phone. Love you and call you tomorrow

Unknown said...

i have to chime in here...you are speaking my language.
lupe tortilla is our favorite, then chuys, then pappasitos.
its pretty sad rob and i know every corner where there is mexican food in this town.
we eat it several times a week.
i make taco salad a lot too!
can you tell we love mexican food?
houston is the best...i don't know what i'd eat if we ever had to move?
so sorry you guys have been sick!
hope you all get better quickly!
we keep phenergen on hand all year...the suppositories really work well with kids when they can't keep the liquid or pills down.
but they are no fun for anyone!
get well!

Lindsay said...

I've never been to Chuys...if it's a close 2nd to Lupe, then we might have to track it down next time we come to town. Where is it? We will have to fit it into the schedule with Lupe and the favorite little places in my parents neighborhood. The first mexican place we went to when we moved here served us WHITE queso and I was horrified...I've grown to like it, but in my book queso is yellow, not white. We have found a few places that serve yellow queso and some semi-decent mexican, enough to get our fix. Satco, Blue Coast, Cozymel's and Moes, if you're ever in Nashville and need to get some in!

laura said...

I'm sooooo sorry you were sick! No fun! Glad to hear you and the boys are feeling better!