Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Getting to Know You

Carly posted this on her blog and put me down as the person most likely to respond to this, so now I have to! Actually, I love these things too.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper...there is something so satisfying about tearing into that paper!

2. Real tree or Artificial? We've done both. Last year, my friend Nicole gave us a 7 foot artificial tree that they didn't need anymore and it's beautiful. I think it looks real, and it's not messy at all! It's nice to not have to fork out the money every year for a real tree, but I'm sure we will do it every once in a while...you can't beat that smell.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. I would do it earlier, but it just doesn't seem right!

4. When do you take the tree down the tree? Usually around New Years, although this year it will probably be soon after Christmas, so the house will be back to normal when Luke gets here.

5. Do you like egg nog? No, but Neal loves it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got my very own phone line for my room when I was in high school...that was an awesome gift.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my mother-in-law gave us a beautiful one a few years ago and I love it. The boys also have the Little People one that I would highly reccommend getting if you have kids.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and father-in-law.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Sam and my sis-in-law, Laura.

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? mail

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Yikes, I guess stuff I can't use? I don't know, thats a hard one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, all the animated shows that come out. We've been watching Shreck the Halls and the old school Grinch. I also love Polar Express and Elf.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint Crescent Cookies, fudge, cracker candy, Amish Friendship bread.

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to go to Houston every year, but now we make sure to be in Nashville for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We usually try to make it to Houston sometime in December, but are sticking close to home this year. No sitting in the car or airplane for hours for this pregnant Mommy! Everyone is coming to us this year!

18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Doner and Blitzen...but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, etc. etc. I just kept Carly's answer on this one! I'll admit I'm a cheater, but I have no idea!

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one on Christmas Eve, usually pj's and then the rest on Christmas morning.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic and crowds

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? Every year since I was born, my Granny would give us an ornament. When I got married, my mom boxed them up for me. I LOVE getting out the tree box and going through all those ornaments. I have some absolute favorites that always have a special place on the tree. It's very nostalgic. I'm also a big fan of anything red, so this year I did red and silver balls with red ribbon. I have to admit, I don't think I'm a great tree decorater. Decorating a tree does not come natrually to me!

22. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Spiced Tea, green bean casserole.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I wanted wood floors in my kitchen, my house painted, a new room upstairs for the boys and Luke's room done. Santa granted me all those things early this year! I also want a new set of pots and pans...fun huh?

24. Who is most likely to respond to this? Carrie (you have to do it now!)

25. Who is least likely to respond to this? I never answer this one, like Carly said, I don't like to set up someone to be an under-acheiver!

Now it's your turn!

1 comment:

Carly O'Quinn said...

Yea! I love that I guilted you into doing this. I truly love reading everyone's answers on these.

I love the new red (and very festive) look.