Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Sister-in-law


My sister-in-law, Laura, has been in town this week visiting with Neal's family. She and Adam (Neal's brother) have been married 5 years. I'm so glad that Adam had the good sense to pick a bride that I would love so much! It's always a special treat to get to spend time with Laura, and normally, we only get a few hours here or a day there when we are in Houston visiting. To have her at my house for 3 and half days was so much fun. We got to go to Starbucks and sit for awhile to talk about the Bible Study we are doing together (Believing God) and were able to encourage each other in person, rather than on the phone. We spent lots of time on the couch chatting, laughing, eating, sharing hair products and make up and just enjoying being together. It was so cool to have her at the baby shower so she could meet all of my friends and so they could meet her. Laura is one of the most encouraging, genuine people you will ever meet. She is so straightforward, honest and just so much fun to be around. I know that when I ask her to pray for something, that she is commited to following through with that request. She is very special to me and I'm so blessed to have her as my family and my friend. I love you Laura!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

laura said...

I am sitting here crying! You are so precious to me...I was so sad in the van leaving your house Saturday. We miss you guys already...what a great visit. I am so thankful for your friendship--you are amazing!