Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa

My parents flew in from Houston the day after Christmas to spend a few days with us. I always love getting to hang out with my parents. We did alot of just hanging out and had a few mean games of Phase 10 and Spades. The boys always love playing with them and having all that extra attention. On Thursday, Neal and I left around 2 for a day and night out on the town while my parents stayed with the boys. We went to the mall, Barnes and Noble for coffee, and then to our favorite restaurant in Nashville. For the past 3 years, we have gone to F. Scotts to celebrate our anniversary. It's a fancy restaurant, but we never feel bad treating ourselves to a super nice meal, at least once a year! It's one of those places that I've come to trust, so I'll really just order anything on the menu and know that it's going to be fabulous. There is always at least one thing Neal and I get that we will talk about all year. This year, my Tenderloin and Neal's dessert were the winners. Neal got this AMAZING Dark Chocolate Mousse thing that was like eating the inside of the best chocolate truffle you have ever put in your mouth. Then it had this wonderful cinnamony cream sauce on top of it. If we hadn't been in such a nice place, I would have seriously been licking the bowl. Yum! It was so nice to spend all that time with Neal outside of the house, just enjoying each others company, laughing, talking about serious stuff and NOT talking about the boys! I just really like being with him and hearing what he has to say, he is so interesting! I love him so much. So, thanks Mom and Dad for our wonderful day/night out...we really needed it.

It always makes me so sad when my parents leave, but this time it wasn't as hard, knowing that they will be back in just a few short weeks to be here when Luke is born. My mom will stay 2 whole weeks with me, I'm so excited to have her here for all that time. There is nothing like having your mom around to help out when you really need it! I love you Mom and Dad!

No comments: