Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Decorating Magazines


I love magazines. Especially decorating magazines. I always have to resist buying a few every time I'm at the store. I have stacks laying around my house that I can't bring myself to throw away. Since we are moving in 7 weeks, I've started trying to get things organized to begin packing. I've been gathering all the magazines from around my house and have a huge stack to go through. My plan is to tear out ideas that I like, put them in a binder and then...throw the magazine away. That way I'll have a nice big book of ideas to go through when I need some good ideas for the new house. The new house that is decorated like a page out of Restoration Hardware...
in my head.
When you are taking a flight, going to the beach/pool, or just have a night to yourself, what are your favorite magazines to look through?

7 comments:

Jaime said...

That is so funny. I'm rounding up a ton of mags to go through for our new house too. I actually just bought all of the 2007 Southern Living magazines via Ebay for $7. I also like some of Martha's ideas.

Carrie said...

I have Cottage Home, Cottage Living, and SOuthern Living is good too. I also get Real Simple. I heard an amazing woman gave you a years worth of that magazine. What a special woman she must be!!

Katie said...

i like real simple, popular photography, and entertainment weekly when i travel. neat ideas to think about, pretty pictures to look at, and meaningless stories i don't really have to concentrate on too much. :o)

Tiffany said...

I'm into reading "Parents" magazine right now :o) But seriously, I love all the ones already mentioned. I also love to look through Ballard Designs catalogs to get ideas.

Cody and Shana said...

Thanks for the sweet things you said on your last blog. It was fun, and always is, getting to hand out with you when you come to Houston. Thanks again for taking me to BRUS and giving me the grand tour. It really really helped me to know what is good or not.

Unknown said...

i read way too many magazines too...i have to restrain myself at the store.
i did what you mentioned a few years ago...filled binders with plastic sleeves and inserted favorite pages from magazines.
the problem is i haven't done it again in years...i have stacks!
lately i read them and keep the really great ones and donate the rest to our YMCA for people (like me) to read while exercising.
i love
cottage living
southern living
BH&G
Self (for the healthy eating/exercise motivation)
MS Living (she used to have a kids magazine and baby magazine that were amazing...no longer in print. but i kept them all! full of awesome ideas. Blueprint was cool too but it is no longer in print)
Domino- decorating mag
Cookie- kids mag
Wonder Time- kids mag

Jaime said...

Hey, I found a neat website that shows the top 10 decorating magazines and links to each. Check it out
http://interiordec.about.com/od/magazines/tp/top_magazines.htm