Saturday, June 21, 2008

Morgan

When I was planning our trip to Houston, I had to finagle a way to have some help with the boys on both flights. As I was trying to figure out how to get someone back to Nashville with me, I realized my niece Morgan would be a great help. We've always talked about her coming to see us for a week in the Summer, but have just never done it. This summer was the perfect time to do it. Morgan is 11, she has 3 younger siblings and is the most amazing helper. The boys absolutely adore her and will do anything she tells them to do. They all loved getting to sit on a row on the airplane together, the whole flight went so well. Once we were back in Nashville, we dragged Morgan around with us everywhere we went! We took her to see the new house, spent a lot of time at the pool (some of that time was spent waiting for it to quit raining), Neal took them all fishing out on the lake, Morgan and I went to see Prince Caspian, we watched a lot of movies, at a lot of ice cream and went to Sonic (probably every day, but who out there doesn't??). It was so much having her here, everyone should have an 11 year old girl come stay for a week. When I asked her what her favorite part of being here was, she said "just hanging out with you, Uncle Neal and the boys". It's fun being loved by an 11 year old to...she told me I was awesome a few times...who doesn't love to hear that? I love you and miss you Munchkin (your almost too old for me to call you that), we can't wait to have you out again next year!

Photo Disclaimer: I sent the small camera, in a plastic bag, with strict instructions to Morgan and Neal NOT to FORGET to take a picture while they were out on the boat. They, of course, forgot, so I had to make up for it by taking a picture of the kids on the boat right after Neal had put it back in the garage. Nice. At least their fishing trip was somewhat documented. Some of the first pictures are in Houston, before Morgan got her super cute new "do", very similar to mine, I might add!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What fun! My niece from Houston is staying with us for a few days right now (that's how I'm able to sit here & catch up on some blogs I'm behind on reading).

Ashley McWhorter said...

So glad y'all had a great time!!! Wish we could have gotten together. Next time! :)

Can't wait to find out what Kandice is having. OF COURSE we are telling the names. Nothin' is private in this family! :)

Have a great weekend!!!!