Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Houston

A good trip to Houston must always start with fajitas and queso at Lupe Tortilla. I drove straight from the airport to meet my sis-in-law, Laura at Lupe. Mexican food in Houston is divine as far as I'm concerned. I could eat it for every meal, but then that would really mess up my working out every day for the past few months...so I'll try to contain myself!

We've already gotten all the cousins together, and they are about to come over again for a fun day at Grandma's (my brother and his wife have 4 kids). The boys woke up this morning begging to go outside and play in the sandbox and the pool. They love it at Grandma and Grandpa's! Luke is getting lots of lovin' and will continue to as he is in Houston for the first time and meeting his cousins, aunts and uncles for the first time as well.

I'm going out tonight with Laura and Shana to celebrate Shana's 30th birthday from a month ago. I've also been greatly looking forward to seeing Carly, meeting Sully for the first time and her getting to meet Luke. My friend Carly...she likes to be a little dramatic at times...so instead of sitting on the couch, waiting for me to get to Houston, she and her husband went water skiing and she proceeded to break her finger and right now, at this moment, is in an OR having her finger repaired and will be in surgery for 2-3 hours. Carly doesn't just break her finger, she breaks her finger big time. Go look at her blog for a horribly disgusting picture and explanation. Hopefully, she will be lucid enough tomorrow for us to come see her!

I already have pictures to post, but haven't had the time to get them on my computer yet. We were up at 5am for an 8am flight and a full day, so I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep. The boys all did great on the plane and I need to send a big blog-o-sphere shout out to my mother-in-law, Lynn. She flew to Nashville on Thursday, spent the weekend with us and flew back with us to Houston yesterday. I wasn't about to fly with all three boys with no help, not while Luke is so little! So it was wonderful having her help - thanks again Mimi! And, thanks for letting me borrow the cruiser while I'm here!

No comments: