Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Goodbye

One of my best friends is moving away from me. 20 minutes to 3 hours away, from Nashville to Atlanta. We had our last Girls Night Out and cried together over our queso. Christy and I have been friends for 8 years. We knew each other when we lived in Houston. Her brother was my youth minister my senior year in HS. Christy and her husband, Nathan, lived across the street from my in-laws, they actually sang at our wedding. We knew of each other, but didn't know each other. She and Nathan moved to Nashville a year before Neal and I did. We actually ran into each other in the Target parking lot (love Target!) and reconnected. It was so nice for both of us to have history with each other in a city where everyone was new. I remember going over to her house after she had Noah, to hang out with him while she did some cleaning. We ended up talking the whole time and I don't think she got any cleaning done. We've always been really good at talking! In 8 years, we have walked through lots of life together. She has seen all of the boys take their first breaths of life, she went with me to the ultrasound that confirmed my second miscarriage (Neal was on a plane, flying home), she has prayed over me, taught me so much about what it looks like to seek the Lord, she is one of the most generous people I know. I'll miss her terribly, I'm so sad that she will not be in the same city anymore, I'm sad that I've taken for granted that she has been so close. However, I'm thankful that she is going to be an easy drive away, I have a feeling I'll be familiar with the road to Atlanta very soon. I know we will keep in touch. I'm excited for her and her family and the opportunities the Lord has placed in front of them in Atlanta.

I'm still sad.

It still stinks to say goodbye.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I am sorry to hear that they are moving! I will miss the worship at Fellowship. She is so amazing.

My blog isn't private anymore. It is located at: www.chocolatecoveredchronicles.blogspot.com

:) Hope you are all well!

Bethany said...

I have just updated myself on everything you went through with Luke. Wow! I am amazed by the work that God does in our lives. He is so good and so faithful.

Well, Luke is beautiful! I hope to see him (and the others) soon.

Love to you!

Unknown said...

I am so grateful for Christy and all she has been to you. I I appreciate her friendship to you and her prayers and watchcare over you. It has been such a comfort to me to know she has been there for you. I'm really sorry they are moving too!