Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wilson Cousins

We are back from a whirlwind trip to Houston. I always pack our days so full when we are there, we leave exhausted, but satisfied with our time with family and friends that we don't get to see often. We spent a lot of time with my brother's 4 kids and I had so much fun being around my nieces. Addy is 18 months and a little spitfire! She keeps up with the big kids and doesn't need any help from anyone - thank you very much. I'm head over heels in love with her. She is beautiful, squeezable and adorable. I seriously couldn't handle her little piggy tails and big ole' belly. All she had to do was look at me and I would do whatever she wanted. Payton is 4 and a half and beautiful as well, my brother and sister-in-law make some beautiful girls! She had a blast feeding Luke his bottle and getting to do stuff for him, since Addy never lets her do anything for her. She is a girly girl who always has to have her hair done. I was always excited when, after a day of playing, her hair would come lose. I would jump at the opportunity to redo an ponytail or two, always with a little bow, barrette or flower. It was so fun for this mommy of boys to have a glimpse of girl world for a bit. Morgan is 11 and is actually in Nashville with us right now. She flew home with the boys and I and is staying with us for a week. It is going to be so much fun having her here. She is such a big help with the kids and is just fun to be around. She is beautiful as well! Jake, Payton's twin, is a big clown, as you will see in some of the pictures. I think he had fun having some boys to play with for once! You'll also see that Gabe does look like someone in our extended family! He definately takes after the Wilson side of things. We spent alot of time together and I can't even think of one episode where we had a problem...it was great!

We took a ton of pictures while we were there, so here are the first batch you will have to suffer through! I'm waiting for Laura and Rachel to email me their pictures from our Watson/Walker Cousin Extravaganza. That, and some of our other outings, will be another post one of these days.

Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us for a week and a half. For putting up with messy, stinky, loud boys. We always love coming to your house and miss you already!

For now, it's good to be home. I'm waiting to crawl into my own bed and sleep the night away once it gets dark. We are meeting Neal at the new house after work so we can see the progress. The drywall is supposed to be all done and cabinets are coming in this week. I can hardly wait to see my kitchen cabinets - that is one of the things I'm most excited about. Pictures to come!

No comments: