Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our Day with The O'Quinn's

Since Carly broke her finger and had surgery on it while I was in Houston, the boys and I went to see her and her kids at her parents house while she was recovering. She might have been a little dopped up from surgery the day before, but we all sure did have fun...especially the kids. Carly's parents have four wheelers, so we all (not Carly) had a blast riding through the woods and out to the pond. When we first got out there, Carly asked Maggie to take me out on the Green Machine, to show me how to use it. I assumed that we were going out to the pond, instead, Maggie cuts through the woods and takes me on this little tour. She knew exactly where she was going, what she was doing and how it should all happen. We were going down hills, on jumps and lots of bumps - keep in mind - she is driving...I'm just hanging on for dear life thinking that my life is in the hands of this 5 year old, I didn't even know where we were! She was so cute though, she kept telling me "this is the best part" and we would go on a little jump, or "this is the best part" and would show me exactly where the eagles' nest was. It was great! One time, she and Sam were out at the pond on the Red Machine (we could see them from the back porch) and my cell phone rings. It says "Carly Cell" on it, I did not realize that Carly had given Maggie her cell phone and told her to call mine if they needed anything. Maggie was calling to tell me the battery had died and asked if I would bring out the other battery. It was hysterical. When I was watching she and Sam on the tire swing (picture below) I was hit with how big they both are. Seeing them together, on that swing, riding four wheelers, remembering Sam, 2 weeks old, sitting asleep in his car seat in the corner of the hospital room when Maggie was born...very bittersweet. They have both turned into such sweet kids and good friends. Carly and I were pregnant with them at the same time and both of us were able to see them come into this world and take their first breath and hear their first cries. Maggie is so special to us. So, before I show the rest of the pictures, I had to put together this little slide show of Maggie and Sam from the past 5 years. Some of them are not the best quality, since they were scanned in. I was bummed that my scanner messed up before I could get the pictures of them together at the hospital after Maggie was born.



Maggie and Sam are 2 weeks apart, Gabe and Rory are 8 weeks apart and Luke and Sully are 5 weeks apart. It's so fun to see them all playing and having fun together. Carly and I have known each other for years, since middle school probably. We knew each other at church, but didn't get to be really good friends until we both moved to the Nashville area 10 years ago. We've walked through a lot of life together and I'm so greatful to have her in my life. It was so fun getting to meet Sully for the first time and squeeze on him. I love all those kids! Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Stone for letting us come hang out, for lunch and for the four wheeling fun!

5 comments:

Carly O'Quinn said...

Oh, Lindsay!!! I had it in my mind to do this very thing but easn't sure if I had the energy to find all of these pictures!!! I'm so glad that you did. I think that I'm going to link to your post fro my blog. You guys are truly like family to us and I love your kids like they were my little nephews. I'm so glad that I got to finally meet Luke and love on him (not as well as I would have liked to one-handed). Thank you for putting up with me in my Vicodin fog :o)

Love you.

rdufilho said...

What great pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun together. I'm glad you were able to hang out.

Tiffany said...

What sweet slide shows! I can tell that there is such a special bond there between your families.

laura said...

The kids are all so photogenic! Love the new pics of Maggie and Sam.

Lacey said...

So cute. I love the pictures of Maggie and Sam...and I also love the picture of Rory with that orange popsicle. Too cute.