Saturday, June 21, 2008

Houston - Part 2

One thing you've probably figured out by now - I take a lot of pictures. When you have a combo of my parents, me and lots of cute cousins running around, the amount of pictures triple; and, there are actually pictures of me spattered in there, which only happens when I make Neal take one, or when my parents are around. I guess they still think I'm "cute" enough to take a picture of, even though I'm not a toddler anymore! Of course, I'm always with a toddler (or kid) in the pictures they do take of me, but that's how I would want it anyway.

Thank goodness for Picasa slideshows - I couldn't just pick a few to put on my blog. Here are some random pictures from throughout the week we were there. I'm SO bummed that I didn't get a picture of Shana and I together. I got one of her and Luke, but that's it, and we had some perfect opportunities to get our picture taken too. It was so great to see Shana and get to spend some good time with her. I got to see some new stuff she has been working on at her house and was amazed (again) at how talented and creative this girl is. She sees something she likes, figures out how to do it, and the end result is fabulous. Maybe someday she will blog some pictures of her projects. I laughed until I cried when Cody, her husband, showed Laura and I some of their dog, Daisy's tricks. Cody is funny anyway, but watching he and Daisy play hide and seek was hysterical.

I also was able to see one of my best friends from MS and HS, Sarah, her husband Byron and their adorable daughter Bella. They came over for a visit at my parents house and I didn't get a picture of us either! She and Byron are both Doctor people and it's always fascinating to hear them talk about what they are doing at the hospital. She was amazing to talk to when all Luke's stuff was going on. I would call her and literally read the reports I had to her verbatim and she would translate them into normal words for me. It helped so much talking to her during that time, she helped me calm down quite a bit on quite a few different occasions. It was SO good to see you Sae!

I have one more Houston post in me, but I'm waiting on pictures from my beloved sis-in-law and cousin before the post can be correctly complied. (hint, hint) Then I will start torturing you with pictures from our summer, Luke being cute, thinking he's all big and the boys being crazy. :0)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was incredibly wonderful having you guys here, and having all 13 of us together! And yes, we do still think you are awfully cute - you will always be your dad's "Sweets". Thanks for making the huge effort to come. We love you guys.