Sunday, June 29, 2008

Huh?

Last night, as I was cooking dinner amidst the barrage of questions from my 5 and 3 year old (I don't want that, can I have a cookie, I want the red plate, can I have chocolate milk, I don't want water), I finally broke down. I'd had it up to my eyeballs with all the complaining, whining and questions about food. You'd think I never feed them the way they beg for food, then, when they get it, it's not good enough or, they really weren't hungry. I stopped cooking and sat us all down in the middle of the kitchen floor for a little meeting. Here is how it went...

Me: Guys, I'm sick of all the complaining and whining about meals. We are going to go over our food rules again because this has to stop...talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah...So, whatever I put on your plate is what's for dinner. If you don't like it, fine, you don't have to eat it, but you aren't getting anything else, especially no dessert if you haven't eaten what is on your plate. Do you understand?

Boys: Yes (nodding their heads).

Me: Gabe (who is now spinning around on the floor) What did I just tell you?

Gabe: (emphatically) Don't splash water out of the tub!

...nice

1 comment:

Natalie said...

It's funny...I am so tired of whining I did a search to see I am not alone. Thanks you made me smile.