Monday, October 1, 2007

Heartburn

I hate it. It's 3am and I'm sitting in the living room with my heart burning. I'm sure the pizza and ice cream I ate for dinner are not the cause of this terrible pregnancy induced symptom. With each pregnancy, it has progressively gotten worse, so I can't imagine how many nights I'll be sitting out here when I'm in my third trimester. I've got my bottle of Rolaids in the side table drawer, Freshmint is the only flavor that don't make me gag.

I hope you are all sleeping well, snug in your bed. I'm going to start laying off the pizza for dinner...I'll just have it for lunch!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey...
sorry to hear that!
i had it too...
the thing that helped me (thanks to cindy's recommendation) was cinnamon gum.
i know it sounds weird but cinnamon calms the heartburn.
i would also just drink a little milk.
Milk seemed to calm it too.
hope that helps!

Carly O'Quinn said...

Wow! I should have hopped on IM when I was up at 2 am.

I thought for sure that when I got up to go pee that it was 7 am but when I looked over at the clock and it said 2:03...I just got frustrated. I was wide awake and getting more frustrated the longer I laid there!!! The baby was kicking like crazy and my mind was racing.

I hear you with the heartburn. Pizza is the worst! I like Tums Smoothies because they're fruity bt not too chalky. They kind of remind me of Smarties.

Jaime said...

Yep, I too had that good ol' heartburn! I'm with Carly, I liked the Smoothies the best.

PS - I loved the pics from the farm. I remember when we took the kids there YEARS ago. I'm glad you're still doing it!

Lindsay said...

Okay, I'll have to try Tums Smoothies, Cinnamon gum and milk...thanks for the suggestions girls!

Carrie said...

I was up at three! Shold of called me. I won't post why I was up at that time. Love you