Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nothing Post

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I keep thinking I'll wait and post when I have pictures or something fun to say...that keeps not happening, so you are getting a nothing post with no pictures! Here are some random thoughts...

*I'm getting big. Every time I eat a meal, I feel like a whale, no matter how little I eat. I guess my stomach is getting smushed. I'm starting to make noises when I try to get up or move.

*Neal is still busy working on the closet upstairs. It's slow going since he can only work on the weekends. He is in the process of "taping and floating", whatever that means. All I know is that has to be done before we can paint and put shelves in. I'm getting sick of every weekend consisting of a huge project that takes up all Neal's time. I know he's getting sick of it too! I'm trying to talk him into taking a day or two off work this week to just finish it all. We'll see...why is it so hard for them to take off work? Even when they are sick. Are your husbands that way? When I had a job, I took off work for no reason at all, just as long as I stayed within my allotted days.

*I can't wait for the upstairs room to be complete, so I can move the boys up there and get it all decorated and organized. Then, I will be able to pull out all the baby stuff and get Luke's room decorated and organized. I can't wait to go through all those teeny tiny clothes, and little footy pjs! I know once I get going in his room, I'll have a list of projects that need to be done before he comes. It won't be anything as big as adding a closet though. I already know I want to recover the glider cushions and put new curtains up. I'm going to use Gabe's baby bedding, so I already have a lot of stuff to decorate with. I wanted to give him a whole new room, but we decided to spend that money on making upstairs the big boys room.

*I've started Beth Moore's Believing God Internet Bible study with my sis-in-law, Laura. I'm already really enjoying the first week. Although, printing out 27 pages of homework for that first week was a little daunting. I'm finding it very good and challenging. I'm praying I can stick with it and actually finish!

*Fall is here...almost. We have had beautiful weather the last few weeks, a few days here and there that are chilly enough for long sleeves. Open the windows weather. Tomorrow and the rest of the week it is supposed to be in the 60's! Yipee! I hope it will be cold on Halloween.

*Sam is going to be Batman and Gabe is going to be Robin. I'll be a whale!? just kidding. I'm not dressing up. We hang out with our community group at our leader's house and take the kids trick or treating. This year it's the guys turn to take them out, so us girls will get to hang around the house and pass out candy.

*I can't believe I didn't post this at that top...on Wednesday night, Kandice, Julie, Nicole and I are all going to see the So You Think You can Dance Tour!!!! We are going to dress up and go out to eat at a real, nice restaurant before the show. I can't wait. I'll be sure to take pictures and post about it.

*I haven't had caffeine since September 13th, when all of Luke's heart stuff came to light. I'm really missing Dr. Pepper. I've looked everywhere for caffeine free DP, but can't find it. I even got online, I found out that I can order a 24 pack for $10+$5 shipping. Is that crazy?? I'm actually thinking about doing it. I like caffeine free Coke, but it's just not Dr. Pepper.

*Gabe is constipated...really constipated. I'm trying everything in my power to get that child filled with fiber...bran muffins, fiber one bars, extra fiber bread, apples, fruit, water, natural apple juice, suppositories, even some natural vitamin supplements that I crush up in his apple juice. It's slowly getting a little better, but yesterday was a bad day. Any ideas???

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Poor Gabe. If all that isn't working I think I would ask the Dr. what to do. He may need some help getting something unstuck. YOu know??

Rebecca said...

Ok Linds: Here's an old wive's tale for what it's worth...put some karo syrup in anything he will drink...water, juice. That might help!
Rebecca

Rebecca said...

Ok Linds: Here's an old wive's tale for what it's worth...put some karo syrup in anything he will drink...water, juice. That might help!

laura said...

I say go for the Dr. Pepper! Treat yourself...it has been a long 6 months. :) You deserve it!

Them Chandlers said...

Miralax...I think you might have to have a Rx for it though. But it works!! My daughter had poop issues.

Good luck finding some caffeine free DP!! I'll let you know if I find some...I wonder how much it would cost to send it from Texas??? :)

Carly O'Quinn said...

I have a friend who uses Miralax on her kids and you can get it over the counter. Give it a try.

Let all of us gals in different cities see if we can't hunt you down some Caffine-free DPs and send them to you.

I think that you and Casey need to check yourselves in to the Dr. Pepper-aholics clinic!!! Addicts...the both of you :o)

Alicia said...

The make flavored prunes now. They are actually really yummy. My favorite are the cherry essence. They're like candy to kids.

Lindsay said...

these are good...I'll for sure try to Miralax, karo and flavored prunes. I gave him a normal prune today and he actually ate 2 bites, but those things make me want to throw up, so if there is a newer version of them I'll check it out, especially if it's a little like candy.

Yes! Be on the look out for CF DP's for me. I feel sure that Texas would be bound to have them somewhere!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi. I went to the grocery store tonight (Kroger), and they have CASES of CF's DP. Want me to ship you some? :)

Lindsay said...

hey Ash,

Just put some in your suitcase and bring it with you! :)