Thursday, October 4, 2007

A mommy quandry

I was really sick Tuesday night and all day yesterday...up every two hours sick to my stomach, if you know what I mean...Luckily, my superhero husband stayed home to take care of me and the boys. Sam was in school, but Gabe doesn't go on Wednesday's. Yesterday evening and last night both boys had diarrhea, but they are both acting totally normal. Today is a school day for both of them...I'm still zapped of my energy and would love to spend that time they are in school in bed, recovering some more. But even though they look and act like they are feeling fine...I can't really send them to school, especially in light of how sick I was and that they have one of the symptoms I had. I've gone back and forth in my head the past hour...If I sent them maybe no one would know. Or, if I sent them, would I get a call an hour later saying that they were both throwing up and all the teachers and other moms would hate me. I had one friend tell me to keep them home and another tell me to send them. I figured the most mature mommy thing to do would be to keep them home. I don't want the other moms to hate me! So, I'm sitting here on my couch with two boys running around saying "lala head" and laughing hysterically. I only woke up and hour ago and I don't think I'm going to be able to move from my position for awhile. I'm just going to have to resign myself to a pj day...with lots of animated movies and little boy gibber jabber. What would you have done?

4 comments:

laura said...

Well, I have to preface this with the fact that I am not a mother, but I would have kept mine home b/c of the whole diarrhea thing last night. I'm so sorry you are still sick! Will be praying a good recovery. Enjoy the pj day...we all need to have those, sick or not!

Marlers said...

Hi there!!! Just wanted to say hi and let you know that even though I haven't written I have been keeping up with you and praying for sweet Luke. Sounds like you are experiencing some of the yucky parts of pregnancy...but as I always had to say to myself...this too shall pass!! Luke is so blessed to have such a sweet & loving mommy!! Can't wait to catch you up on the latest! I'll email soon!

Love ya!
Sharla

Kathryn said...

Oooo, tricky. I would have kept them home too...although everything in me would have wanted the day to myself. I try not to be "one of those moms" that sends their sick kid to school. From a teacher's point of view...I always got so frustrated with moms that sent their little first graders to school under the weather.

Carly O'Quinn said...

I say...stay away from the White Chilli!!!

You did the right thing by keeping them home even though I would have probably sent the older one. You know, lighten your load. Plus, older kids have better immune systems, right?

No, I would have kept them both home too but only after a lot of weighing out the pros and cons.