Saturday, October 13, 2007

Random

I really don't have anything exciting to say, but I feel like I should post since its been awhile. I took the boys this morning to Kandice's family farm. They have an annual pig roast and it was my first time to go. The boys went with KK last year, the weekend I had my first miscarriage. I can't believe it was just a year ago. It feels like ages, but then it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I can't believe I've been pregnant two more times in that year. Anyway...it was so fun, going to the farm, watching the boys go down the hill slide and Sam go on the zip line, his face was so much fun to watch when he was doing it...pure, unadulterated fun. My favorite part was all the FOOD! The company was good too...Kandice's sisters and Callie all came up from Texas and I always love getting to hang out with them and catch up.



Neal was going to go with us, but then decided to start on the upstairs renovations...so I let him off the hook! I've been so ready to get that room started and done with. He had some friends come over to help and they got a lot done. The closet is all framed up, they've wired for the ceiling fan we are adding to the room and did some other electrical stuff. They will work on it again tomorrow. We still have a lot to do before I can do my part, but hopefully, in a few weeks, I'll get to start organizing and decorating. I'm trying to decide what color to paint up there. It's a pretty big room, the boys quilts on their beds are patchwork with navy, red, white and lighter blue, so really I could do anything. I think I have decided to do one wall red. Anyone have a paint color that they absolutely love? I'd love some recommendations...I hate going to the stores and looking at all those colors...it's so overwhelming.



Hope you are all having a good weekend! Give me some ideas on paint colors if you have them!

1 comment:

Marlers said...

Hi Linds!! I LOVE the color Brick Dust from Lowes...if you are wanting a really dark red that has a lot of black in it then it is my favorite...I did the powder bath that color and always got compliments!! Love the idea of having a room for the boys! The girls share a room and even though sometimes it is hard, most of the time it is great!! I love to listen to them talk at night before bed in the monitor...the conversations are so funny! They are forming that lifetime bond!! Miss you!!!! Can't wait to see you!!! So jealous that you are probably enjoying some seriously nice Nashville weather right about now!!!!! :(((