Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Meet Carrie

Carrie is back in blogger land, so go check out her blog. This is a picture from Shana's wedding 3 years ago (sad that this is one of the most recent pics of us!) Carrie and I met our Sophomore, or Junior year (I have a terrible memory...what year was it?) in High School in Geography class. To this day I bet neither of us could tell you anything about Geography! We found out that first day that we had both lived in Tulsa, went to the same church and that our dad's worked together! We became fast friends and have stayed that way for 12 years. We have suffered through Algebra and Speech Class together and I'm proud to say that my D was better than her D in both those classes, although I have to give her credit for the fact that I even passed Spanish in HS and College. Carrie moved back to Tulsa for her senior year, but then we met up at OBU and were roommates for our first year there. We got engaged within 3 weeks of each other and then married within two. I talk to her every morning, and check in with each other at least another 2 or 3 times a day. She lives in Tulsa, yet I always know her schedule and what she is going to do tomorrow. We know everything that is going on in each others lives. She is always honest with me and never beats around the bush, I know I will get a straight answer from her when I ask a hard question. And, she can be quite feisty! So don't go messin' with her! Probably another reason we get along so well is that we are both planners...we love to plan anything and everything. And, we are both always early everywhere we go, which is probably why we do most of our chatting when one of us is sitting in the school parking lot at 2:15 for a 2:3o pick up! She and Scott (who is a lawyer and went to OBU with us) have 3 kids...Sydney just turned 4, Tyler is 2.5 and Lydia just hit 5 months. It's hard to believe that I've actually only met Sydney and that was about 3 years ago! Oh, she is also super skinny! :) Anyway, that's Carrie...go meet her!

No comments: