Thursday, August 23, 2007

Open House

Tonight was open house for the boy's school. We got to meet their teachers, see old friends, play in their rooms AND....we got their school supplies list! You know what that means? Instead of just walking down the school supply aisle at Target and breathing in all the supplies...I actually get to buy stuff from those coveted aisles! Crayons, markers, scissors, glue sticks, pencil boxes...all of those things will be going in my cart. School supplies make me very happy. Of course, with each year of school, the lists will only get better. The pre-k list doesn't include any paper products, no 3 subject spiral notebooks with those plastic covers, no binders, no fun folders, no packs of lined notebook paper (I remember when I would buy packs of COLORED, lined paper, which is even better), no ink pens...those will come. I haven't even mentioned backpacks and lunch boxes! The only bad thing about the supplies list getting better is that means that my baby is getting older. Let's not go there quite yet! I'm going to enjoy this year that he is in pre-k, when he doesn't care a hoot about his school supplies, so that means I can go to Target alone and pick it out all by myself! :)

School doesn't start for another week and a half, but, after my trip to Target, I'll be ready! Sam will go 3 days a week and Gabe will go 2 of those days. Their teachers seemed really nice and they both seemed excited about meeting them and getting to play in their rooms.

On another note...Carly is coming into town from Houston for the weekend! Hopefully, we will be good about taking pictures and take some of our pregnant bellies together.

2 comments:

Them Chandlers said...

Mmmm...I love school supplies!

Page said...

I am the same way! I love school supplies, and now that i've graduated college and don't get to buy them, i'm a little sad each august! i should hurry up and have children, huh?? ;)