Thursday, August 30, 2007

Meet Wendy!

Two introductions in one day!

My friend Wendy Thomas - Shilleci is now blogging! I worked with Wendy when Neal and I lived in Houston our second year of marriage. She had a photography studio in Cypress and hired me on to be her assistant. It was the best job I ever had! I loved working with Wendy, not only is she an amazing photographer who I learned so much from, but she became a great friend as well. When I was working for her, her son, Chase was just starting elementary school, so I would hear tales of his days at school. It was in her office that I realized having babies is not just about having babies, they really do grow up and do stuff like go to school! I literally remember sitting in my desk chair, listening to her tell me something about his day and realizing that! I think I learned how to be more adult when I was around her, partly because she treated me like one (I was only 22!) and partly because I thought she was so cool, I wanted to be like her! I remember going to Chase's soccer practice with her, going to eat at Willies after, going on numerous photo shoots in her white expedition and just enjoying being with her. Aside from having a great eye for photography, part of why she is so good at what she does is because she is so good with people and making them feel comfortable. She's one of those people who you spend 30 minutes with and feel like you've known her awhile. We also frequented a yummy Mexican place on the corner and both always got Taco's al Carbon with Queso...is that place still there? I can't remember the name! (surprise!). We have touched base through out the years and when we do I'm always so glad to hear what is going on in her life and to catch up...

No comments: