Thursday, August 30, 2007

Meet Julie

Meet my friend Julie Riggins! We go way back with the Riggins, starting at OBU. She and Brad had a singing thing going and signed Neal on to play drums with them. Long stories short, they became Nobleman's Son and started travelling, leading worship at camps and such. I went along for the ride as official Power Point Girl. The four of us, plus Nathan, travelled all over the place in a little red Nissan Rodeo with a trailer hooked on the back. We got engaged on the same day and got married a few weeks apart. We spent the first year of married life living in the same apartment complex a few doors down, living on...something? I think we were getting by on $1000 a month, or something crazy like that. We didn't know any different! I remember going to their apartment and Julie feeding us Taco Salad, driving to El Reno to rehearse at some building and then eating hamburgers at a yummy little hamburger joint. I remember Julie buying me a super cute t-shirt from American Eagle and I thought it was so cool. I probably still have it! We would paint our nails a really dark purple color from OPI. One trip to Colorado, we got a hotel room with 2 double beds, each married couple got a bed and Nathan slept on the floor in the middle on a bed spread! There are some crazy, funny memories of that time...Anyway, band life on the road ended and we all went our separate ways. Julie and Brad now live in Texas (near Dallas??) with their 2 boys, Olsen and Bennett. I'm glad to reconnect with her in blogger land. Go check out her blog! ****I forgot to add that she has a photograhy business as well!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Helllooooo!!!!! It is so great to see a picture of your sweet little family and another one on the way! congrats. I loved reading your entry introducing me and all the great memories just came flooding back. :) I want you to know that I still paint my nails the dark purple sometimes. lol! Do you guys still have your pugs?? So great to connect with you in blogger land. Tell Neal hello for us.