Monday, August 27, 2007

A little bit of everything

Can you tell I got bored? I was sick of the polka dots...so I thought I would try something a little more simple!

Carly was in town this weekend for a friends baby shower. It was so much fun to hang out with her. Usually, when I got to Houston, we only get a few hours to spend together. When she comes here, she stays with me and we get alot of time together. The boys loved having her around. On Saturday morning, I made the boys come in my room while I was getting ready to give her a break. She had been playing with them since 6:30am! Sam kept telling me that Carly needed him, that she wanted to play Superfriends with him. She taught him how to play Go Fish, had puppet shows with them, taught them both some fun new games and played airplane and bicycle with Gabe. Now she is gone and they want me to play with them! :) I'm just not as fun as Carly! When we had a break from the boys, we went to eat at our favorite little burger joint - Cheeseburger Charlies. When we were pregnant with Sam and Maggie (when Carly still lived here), we would make frequent trips to Cheeseburger Charlies for yummy burgers, fries and Oreo milkshakes. We did that Saturday afternoon and did a little shopping. That night, Kandice and Sara joined us to eat at another favorite restaurant, J Alexanders and then went to see The Nanny Diaries. It was good...not amazing, but good. We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out, eating and playing games. It is always sad to see her go, but we always manage to see each other as much as we can. And, the distance doesn't seem as huge because we talk so frequently. Here are a few pictures. There is one more coming, but it's on Carly's camera...I'll post it when I get it...
Game night

Post puppet show

Preggos - Carly is 15 weeks and I'm 19 weeks.

3 comments:

laura said...

Cute preg pictures. Glad you had a good time!

Carly O'Quinn said...

I love you and your family so much and was so sad to have to leave. Thank you for everything and for a fantastic weekend!

Carly O'Quinn said...

also...I like the new look! Very sleek and I'm glad you added a preggo counter.