Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Good Report!

We went for our weekly appointment with the cardiologist yesterday and left with some great news. He was very pleased with the looks of Luke's heart, so pleased that he doesn't want to see me again until my 35th week! His heart beat perfectly the whole time we were there, it didn't even skip once and didn't come close to a dangerous rate. My biggest concern was what Luke's heart was doing during the times that we weren't watching it and the Dr. said that if it was in distress at any point, that he would be able to tell by signs of strain on the heart and he didn't see any! The fluid has even gone down. He does want me to continue seeing my OBGYN for weekly ultrasounds or Doppler heart rate checks, which I feel good about. I'm going to go in Thursday as planned for another ultrasound and then check in with Dr. P to see how he wants to continue. I'll see the cardiologist in December and then he will determine if he wants to see Luke after he is born. There is a test he can do to determine if this is something that will come back up at some point in Luke's life (amazing that they can determine that), but he will wait to make that call later on in the game.

We are feeling tremendously relieved, although I'm trying to get my head back to things being okay. We went from 0 to 60 to 10 in such a short time, I feel like I'm still somewhere in the middle and trying to land where I need to be. All I know right now is that his heart looks good, and that God is good. I'm amazed and in awe of Him and how He chooses to reveal His Glory!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Praise the Lord! I have been praying for you sooo much and will continue to do so for little Luke and for you and Neal to have that perfect peace that passes all understanding. Why is it that we are always surprised when God answers our prayers? I guess that is what makes us humans. Thanks for being so honest in sharing with all of us.